Friday, April 18, 2014

Blogger: To be, or not to be?

This question has come up multiple times in my life; and no, I don't mean the website! There are pros and cons to maintaining a blog, but I guess it just depends on the type of person you are. Blogs are a great way to share your story, or stories. Whether it's something significant, or you're just blogging on the daily. I want to blog because I want to put everything in my head down onto paper, or in this case a website. Whether it's an idea, a design, an opinion, a passion, a list, a review, a recipe, an interview, a haul, an 'outfit of the day', a DIY tutorial, a contest, a giveaway, a news story... or I'm just jotting down my thoughts. I want to make it permanent. I want to document my life and thoughts in a way that I can go back and look upon it years from now, and I want to share these things with other people who can benefit from it.

I don't want this blog to be negative, it's called youthphoria for a reason! I mean, yes, occasionally I'll have those posts where I'm just having an off day or I'm arguing about something I disagree with. But I don't want to post about the negative things in life, and if I ever do, I want to try to not focus on why it's negative, but on how I can make it better. I want this blog to make me a better person. I realized that sometimes I don't even notice things within myself until I write it down, my true thoughts don't ever come out unless my fingers are attached to a pen, or I'm typing away on a keyboard. I'm not very good at speaking aloud, or conveying what I'm thinking in the spoken form. This way, I can turn to a blog when I need too, or want to, talk. 

Maybe if I write down a workout regime, I'll actually do it. Or I plan a DIY tutorial or talk about reading a book I've been wanting to read, I'll actually get to it. Youthphoria can be a motivator for me, a way for me to express myself creatively, socially, and intellectually; while allowing others to read my writings, and maybe eventually they'll feel like they want to do the same.

I'm starting slow. Like I said above, maintaining a blog has a lot of pros and cons, and it can be a lot of work and time. My time is very limited right now, I'm a twenty one year old full time college student with two (soon three) jobs, and I'm in a relationship. But I'm going to try my best to at LEAST blog once a week. I'd definitely like to make that my goal. I'm still trying to figure out if this blogging thing is for me.

Here's to getting in touch with my creative side.

xo
Bree





Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment