Saturday, June 28, 2014

30 days (weeks?) of writing.

photo by Carli Jean Miller






















I figure it's about that time to start writing again. I used to be quite the avid journalist... for myself. When I was a kid, I used to write the craziest stories and comics, (One very popular comic within my family was the "Adventures of Salami Man" and the evil villain "The Rotten Egg", haha). Growing older, I kept journals and continued writing short stories; now, not to toot my own horn (well, maybe a little) three papers that I have written while in college, the professors have approached me with A+'s asking if they could keep my work to use as an example for their future classes. This happened recently in my humanities class, and it caused me to wonder if I should start writing again, for myself. I've tried here and there to write in journals, but I just haven't had the time to keep up with them, so it's been quite a few years since I've picked up a pen and paper with the intention or writing, jotting down a topic or writing about my opinions or something in my life. I realize that that was sort of my intention when I started this blog, so now I'm going to put myself up to the test! I've found a few '30 day' writing prompts on Pinterest, and I can't decide on just one, so I'll most likely be picking topics from all over the place.

The reason why the title of this post mentions 'weeks?', is because unfortunately I'm most likely not going to be able to write something every day. I have days like tomorrow where I work 9 to 3, and then again 4 to 9. So, it's just unrealistic to write daily, and if I did it would be pretty half-assed. I want to be able to sit down with a cup of tea and spend an hour or more on a topic that I find interesting.

Some prompts that I've come across are things like: Dream wedding, What's in your makeup bag? Five ways to win your heart, your fears, weird things that you like, what band or musician is most important to you? Your most vivid childhood memory, three things you want to say to different people, etc.

I'll probably make my first post sometime next week. What are some things you'd like to read on here?



No comments:

Post a Comment